By Lizzy Adie.
Stomach ulcers, also known as peptic or gastric ulcers are open sores in the lining of the stomach. Because of the amount of acid present in the stomach, ulcers are often extremely painful, stomach ulcers may simply be caused by the use of painkillers such as aspirin, and non steroidal anti-inflammatory pills such as ibuprofen or naproxen.
However, ulcers can have several different causes, so traditional treatment depends on the root of the cause. Stomach ulcers are often treated with antibiotics for an infections or medication to reduce, block, or neutralize stomach acid.
Remedies for ulcers
1. Folate or folic acid : As reported by clinical nutritionist Byron Richards, Research suggests vitamin B can reduce your risk for acid reflux. Higher folic acid intake was found to reduce acid reflux by 40 percent. Low vitamin B2 and vitamin B6 levels were also linked to an increased risk for acid reflux.
2. Glutamine : Gastrointestinal damage caused by H. Pylori can be addressed with the amino acids glutamine found in many foods, including beef, chicken, fish, eggs, daily products and some fruits and vegetables. Glutamine is also available as a supplement.
3. Ginger root or chamomile tea : Ginger has been found to have a gastroprotective effects by blocking acid and suppressing Helicobacter Pylori. Ginger root has been traditional used against gastric disturbance since ancient times.
4. Aloe Vera : The juice of the Aloe Vera plant naturally helps reduce inflammation, which may ease symptoms of acid reflux. Drink about 1/2 cup of aloe vera juice before meal. If you want to avoid it’s laxative effect, look for a brand that has removed the laxative component.
5. Raw , unfiltered apple cider vinegar :You can easily improve the acid content of your stomach by taking one teaspoon of raw unfiltered apple cider vinegar in a large glass of water.
6. Unripe plantain : Peel, slice and soak Unripe plantain into a clean bowl of clean water for 24 hours before drinking as this helps to soothe the stomach and heals ulcer gradually. Unripe soaked plantain has the Natural healing nature to gradually heal off ulcer.