|By Lizzy Adie.
Garlic is well known as a natural health remedy that has long been used to treat various aliments. It is extremely easy to source in most countries and can be consumed cooked or fresh. It is most easily included in your food or can be eaten on its own. It is recommended that adults consume no more than one clove two or three times a day and children have one quarter to one half a clove, once or twice a day.
Apart from its tasty addition to almost every cooked dish, garlic has some amazing abilities to help in our everyday lives. Garlic can help to treat a wide variety of ailments as well as making your dinner taste great.
1. Garlic strengthens the immune system as well as helps to fight chest infections, cough and congestion.
2. Garlic contains high level of iodine which makes it a very effective treatment for hyperthyroid conditions. Treatment with garlic has been shown to greatly improve this condition .
3. Garlic has also been found to assist babies to gain weight while they are in the womb.
4. Cardiovascular disease can be reduced by ingesting garlic. LDL cholesterol is no friend of garlic and the aortic plaque deposit that gather on the walls of your body’s veins can be reduced with the use of garlic too.
5. Fungal and bacterial vaginal infections are toast when treated with garlic. When crushed or bruised, garlic releases Allicin which is a Sulphuric compound that is a natural antibiotic. If you decide to take garlic in tablet form, be sure to use powered capsules. The process used to create garlic tablets destroy the Allicin that is present.
6. Garlic can aid in the prevention of multiple cancer. Bladder cancer, prostate cancer, breast cancer, colon cancer and stomach cancer have all been shown to have their tumors reduced when treated with garlic.
7. Garlic regulate blood sugar as it enhances the level of insulin in the blood. This may assist in the control of diabetes.
8. Garlic is also helpful to those with stroke by helping to strengthen their muscles .
Garlic should not be taken in large quantity, as this could be detrimental to your health. You should never take more than the recommended dosage. Also be aware that the properties of garlic actually gets into your blood stream which is why it is so effective in many ways. When you sweat, garlic will leave your body through your pores. Many people who eat larger quantity than the normal amount of garlic report increased body odour.