|By Lizzy Adie.
Lemon is a natural energizer, it hydrates and oxygenates the body as it feels revitalized and refreshed. Not only do they add abundant flavor to a variety of dishes, but they also boast a ton of health benefits. The flavonoids within the juice are said to contain antioxidant, which is why lemons are useful in treating so many ailments and conditions.
BENEFITS OF TAKING LEMON
1. Prevent Kidney Stone : Drinking one half cup of lemon juice everyday raises citrate level in the urine. Studies has shown that this could protect against calcium stones in the kidney.
2. Support Weight Loss : Beyond the old notion that the master Cleanse was the only way lemon could help you lose weight, lemon juice contains a soluble fiber that has been shown to aid in weight loss.
3. It Aids in Proper Digestion : Citrus flavonoids are the primary cause of improved digestion when drinking warm lemon water. They aid in the assimulation of food, help prevent fatty liver, decrease chances of cardiovascular disease, fat lowering and reduced insulin sensitivity. This has to do with its ability to inhibit certain synthesis of fat in the body. It has also been shown to calm an upset stomach or mild indigestion.
4. Lemon Water Detoxify And Cleanse The System : this is the first benefit that comes to mind when it comes to lemon water, and usually the most overstated. Toxins come into our system through various sources from the air we breath to some of the foods we eat. Our liver is where we filter everything we consume and neutralize many toxins. The citrus acid found in lemon enhances your body’s ability to naturally flush out these unwanted toxins.
5. Lemon As An Anti-Cancer Agent : Studies have supported the Anti-cancer activity of citrus liminoids, compounds that protects your cells from damage that can lead to the formation of cancer cells.
6. Bring Down Fever : Forget the days of starving a fever, when your temperature goes up, drinking a lemon juice mixture can help bring the fever down faster.
7. It Balances pH : while lemon may seem quite acidic, there are a surprisingly good source of an alkaline food that can help balance your body’s pH.
8. Rich In Potassium : lemon, aside banana also offer 80m of potassium that helps your body stay strong and nimble. It also contains vitamin C.
9. Lemon Stops Itch : When it comes to poison ivy or insect bites, rubbing lemon juice on the area can soothe the skin, since it has anti-inflammatory and anesthetic effects.