|By Lizzy Adie.
We all love mangoes and eat it always, but don’t know the amazing health benefits of mango leaves. Mango leaves are filled with medicinal and healing properties. Take advantage of this wonderful fruit leaves and bid farewell to sicknesses.
These leaves are rich in Vitamin C, B and A, they are also rich in various other nutrients. The mango leaves have powerful antioxidant properties as it has high floavonoids and phenol content.
BENEFITS OF MANGO LEAVES
1. Treating Diabetes : The mango leaves are very useful for treating diabetes. The tender leaves of the mango tree contain Tannins called Anthocyanidins, which helps to treat early diabetes. The leaves are dried and powdered or used as an infusion to treat the same. It also helps to treat Angiopathy diabetes and diabetic Retinopathy. Mango tea leaves are very good for this purpose. Soak the leaves in a cup of water overnight, strain and drink the water to help relieve the symptoms of diabetes. It also helps treat Hyperglycemia. The leaves contain a compound called Tarakserol – 3beta, and Ethyl Acetate extract which synergize with insulin to activate GLUT4 and stimulate the synthesis of glycogen.
2. Lower Blood Pressure : Mango leaves helps to lower blood pressure as they have hypotensive properties. It helps to strengthen the blood vessels and treat the problem of varicose veins.
3. Treats Restlessness : For people suffering from restlessness due to anxiety, the mango leaves provide a good home remedy. Adding two to three glasses of mango leaf tea to bathing water helps to treat uneasiness and refreshes the body.
4. Gall And Kidney Stone : The mango leaves help treat kidney and gallstones. Daily taking a finely ground powder of mango leaves which are dried in the shade with water, kept in a tumbler overnight, helps in breaking the stones and flushes them out.
5. Respiratory Problems: The mango leaves are good for all kinds of respiratory problems. It is especially useful for people suffering from cold, bronchitis and asthma. A decoction made by boiling mango leaves in water and drinking this with a little honey helps to cure cough effectively. It also helps to cure voice loss.
From, www stylecraze.com