By Lizzy Adie.
Avocados are also considered as one of the healthiest foods in the planet because they contain in excess of 25 essential nutrients, including vitamin A, B, C, E & Know, copper, iron, phosphorus, magnesium and potassium. Avocados contains fiber, protein and several beneficial phytochemicals such as beta-sitosterol, glutathione and lutien which promote against various diseases and illnesses.
BENEFITS OF TAKING AVOCADO.
1. Lower Cholesterol Level : avocados are rich in a compound called beta-sitosterol which has been shown to be effective in lowering blood cholesterol levels. According to a study, patients with mild hypercholesterolmia who include avocados in their diet for days had 17 percent decease in total blood cholesterol level.
2. Control Blood Pressure ressure : They are great in source of potassium which helps in controlling blood pressure.
3. Maintain a Healthy Heart : Avocado contains vitamin B6 and folic acid, which help vegulate homocysteine level. High level of homocysteine is associated with an increased risk of heart disease.
4. Promote Eye Health : Avocado is an excellent source of carotenoid lutein, which is known to help protect against age related macular degeneration and cataracts.
5. Anti-inflammatory Properties : Phytonutrient compound found in avocados such as polyphenols and flavonoid have been found to have anti-inflammatory properties, thereby reducing the risk of inflammation and degenerative disorder.
6. Prevent Birth Defects : Avocado are rich in folate, a British vitamin commonly known as folic acid. The high amount of folate in avocado is essential in the prevention of birth defects such as neural tube defect and spina bifida.
7. Protect Against Cancer : Avocado inhibit the growth of prostate cancer. The oleic acid in avocado is also effective in preventing breast cancer.
8. Reduce Stroke Risk: The high level of folate in avocado may also protect against stroke. A study has shown that individuals who ate a diet rich in folate had a lower risk of stroke than those who did not.
9. Fight Free Radical : Avocado contains glutathione, a powerful antioxidant that helps fight free radical in the body.
10. Weight Gain : The avocado has 200 calories for 100g. Due to the high amount of calories, avocado is a best diet for people who want to gain weight. It is a healthy source of calories, unlike many other calorie dense foods that may contain excess saturated fats & sugar.
11. Skin Care : Avocado oil is added in many cosmetics because of its ability to nourish the skin and make your skin glow. It also aids in treating psoriasis, a skin disease that causes skin redness and irritation.
Read more about Avocado on www.undergroundhealth. Com.