Efio-Ita Nyok|3 May 2017
In Cross River State cyberspace, Nigerians have initiated a social media campaign perceived to be a count-down to 29 May which marks 2 years in office for Sen. Prof. Benedict Ayade as Executive Governor of the state.
They are protesting the failure of the government of Cross River and by implication #Ayadenomics and #Ayadeism, the former an economic theory and the latter a so called political movement.
One Lokuzo John Etim has highlighted what may be referred to as the 'unfulfilled promises and lies that made headlines' in national dailies and social media in the state. Etim has expressed his disappointment with the present administration thus —'On and on the list goes. The annoying part for me is the continuous use of the word 'to'. Playing drama with more of suspense on our heads. The guy is sounding certain of a 2nd term while he knows it's unlikely he will achieve anything in his first term.'
There's another set of 33 MoUs trending on social media in the state cyberspace as well. The source is unknown for now.
We will begin with the 20 lies that made headlines :
1. "Have Faith in me I shall earn your trust", Ayade tells Cross Riverians
2. CR, Spanish firm to establish world class poultry farm – Ayade
3. Ayade pledges to eradicate unemployment by end of first term
4. CR to plant 5 million trees to support afforestation and climate change – Ayade
5. CR partners equipment maker, Liebherr on Super highway, Seaport.
6. CR to become net exporter of banana – Ayade
7. CR, American firm sign MOU for development of new city
8. Ayade set to ensure 24-hr power supply in Calabar, its environs
9. CR partners Canada to set up Canadian International School and Canadian Building and Construction Academy.
10. CR is overcoming the recession with intellect and innovation – Gov. Ayade
11. Cally Air and Calphar will make Calabar the new business hub in the whole of South/South – Ayade
12. Nigeria Police to sew uniform in Calabar Garment Factory – IGP
13. Ayade inaugurate CRS Health Insurance Scheme (AyadeCare) Technical Working Group. To generate #1 billion monthly for CRS
14. Ayade vows to ensure actual commencement of the construction of the Bakassi Deep Seaport and the 260-km Calabar – Bekwarra – Katsina Ala Super Highway in 2017
15. CR approves #1 bn to float microfinance Bank
16. CR to build 2 mega watts power plants in 18 LGAs.
17. CR partners North West Province of South Africa for establishment of hotel college
18. CR, Hunan Province of China sign Sister-state agreement
18. CR to spend 5M US Dollars annually to end neglected tropical diseases by 2020 – Gov Ayade
19. Ayade to install internet- enabled solar street lights in industrial hub
20. Ayade is best performing Governor – Sheriff
GOVERNOR BEN AYADE GLOBE TROTTING FOR MOU.
1. Germany: Sourcing for superhighway funding (before swearing as governor).
2. Germany: Soil Quality Test (after swearing).
3. Ireland: MoU on refuse management.
4. USA: MoU on new city development.
5. China: MoU on 4G network and fibre cable laying for smart city development.
6. Ireland: MoU on diary farm development in Obudu.
7. Britain: MoU on 500 affordable housing development.
8. Thailand: MoU with Thai Rice Corporation.
9. Mexico: MoU on Banana, Plaintain, Pepper, Pineapple, Green beans, etc.
10. Germany: MoU on establishing a waste treatment plant.
11. Canada: MoU on establishing technical model school across the three senatorial districts.
12. China: MoU on wood processing plant which will lead to manufacturing of synthetic woods.
13: France: MoU with the garment factory for the management and procurement of equipment.
14: Israel: MoU with Broad Spectrum Investment Corporation for funding of the superhighway.
15. USA: MoU with a US firm for the construction of Agbokum hydro power plant.
16. Sweden: MoU for heavy equipment lease with Volvo equipment company in Stockholm.
18: UAE: MoU for the construction of new cities by a Dubai based company.
19. Britain: MoU for the training of widows that will work in the garment factory.
20. Italy: MoU for quality assessment and training of workers for the garment factory.
21. India: Procurement of garment factory equipment.
22. Denmark: MoU for the establishment of a poultry with over 50,000.00 birds and a hatchery.
23. Germany: MoU with Dortmund for the establishment of Beach Report in Calabar South.
24. Singapore/India: MoU to establish the Calaphama company. A pharmaceutical company in the Industrial Boulevard/Jonathan's Bypass.
25: Taiwan: MoU to manufacture silos for Cross River State.
26. Thailand: Attended a week long training on the planting of rice.
27. Switzerland: MoU with banks for the credit issuance on behalf of Cross River State.
28. USA: MoU with a US based property proprietor for Calabar waterfront property development.
29. China: 700 Million Naira by co-governor Frank Ayade to woo investors for the garment factory.
30. UAE: Dubai based company signed an MoU with Cross River State government to develop properties, casinos, restaurants, and hotels throughout the length of the superhighway.
31: India: MoU to establish solar farm by a Indian company called Skipper Seil.
32. Sweden: MoU to establish 1.5 pulp farm and paper industry.
33. France: MoU on homeland security
The nomenclature —#Ayade, has finally entrenched itself into a symbol of crass failure and unrivaled disappointment as far as public administration is concerned. Hmm!
Is a Blogger, the Editor & Publisher of NegroidHaven.org