Fire Outbreak Kills 7 In Benue

Reading Time: < 1 minute

By Dickson Blessing

Seven members of the same family were reported to have been burnt by an unknown fire outbreak on Thursday 18th of December 2014 at Ayamkor near Young Secondary School Gbokor, Benue State.
It was gathered that the fire outbreak started around 11:40pm at Mr Lawani Oye’s apartment and burnt to death the whole family of husband,wife and five children.
The mother of the house was said to have raised alarm which alerted the neighbours who rushed out to help but didn’t do much because the whole family was already burnt beyond recognition.
Though the real cause of the fire could not be ascertained,the eyewitnesses disclosed that the only clue was a running generator and a lantern found beside the generating set. The bodies of the deceased was conveyed to General hospital Gboko and the authorities informed of the tragedy.