CRSG News Sources|31 May 2017
Arising from the industrial action declared by the Organised Labour in Cross River State, the Governor, Senator (Prof.) Ben Ayade convened a meeting chaired by His Excellency, the Deputy Governor, Prof. Ivara Ejemot Esu OFR, to resolve the issues. Participants at the meeting included, top Government functionaries, and members of Organised Labour (NLC, TUC and JNC).
At the end of the meeting the following resolutions were reached for implementation:
1. Promotion exercise of deserving Civil/Public servants shall resume forthwith and letters released while financial implications will be worked out by the Head of Service and Commissioner for Finance for His Excellency’s consideration.
2. Every aspect of Payroll Consultancy should be domiciled in Cross Rive State including the servers and the personnel.
3. The Commissioner for Finance, Accountant General and Labour are to investigate the actual deductions from salaries of staff and stop same if confirmed.
4. The Report of Verification and Audit exercise by the Payroll Consultant shall be made available to Labour by the Commissioner for Finance.
5. Full payment of outstanding Gratuity of retirees in the state civil/public service for the period June – December, 2013 shall be made while outstanding gratuities for the year 2014 is to be computed for consideration.
6. Payment of monthly imprest to MDAs to be released 1st week of every month while that of May, 2017 is to be paid immediately.
7. His Excellency has approved the operation of motor parks on 50/50 basis between NURTW and other parties particularly at Etim Edem Motor Park and other parks in Calabar. However, the matter is to be referred by the SSG to the Executive Council for final resolution within two weeks.
8. Full payment of salaries of newly appointed Permanent Secretaries should take effect from June, 2017 while the arrears should be worked out for Payment and appointment letters released forthwith.
9. Labour to produce a List of all unpaid staff of LGAs and Primary School teachers to Government through the Commissioner for Finance for verification and payment.
10. All deductions be paid to beneficiaries immediately after payment of monthly salaries
11. All other outstanding issues to be addressed in due course.
12. No worker shall be victimized for his or her role in the planned industrial action.
13. The intended industrial action by Organised Labour is hereby shelved.
DATED AT CALABAR, THIS 30TH DAY OF MAY 2017
Ekpenyong Henshaw Barr. Tina Agbor
Head of Service Secretary to State Government
Mr. AsuquoEkpenyong – Jnr – Commissioner for Finance
Mrs. Perpetua Aji – Perm. Sect., Dept of Labour& Productivity
Comrade John O. Ushie – State Chairman, NLC
Comrade Clarkson Otu – Chairman, TUC
Comrade Edim Oyongha Comrade Julius M. Nkoji, Chairman, SPSNC and Secretary, SPSNC respectively.
Chief Ita Ayi Comrade George N. Umoh:
Secretary, NLC and Secretary, TUC respectively.
NegroidHaven… Truth in view of Africa's liberty!