Nelson A.Osuala [15 November 2016]
The anti-graft commission of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, under the leadership of Ibrahim Magu, has revealed a lost of the possible and better ways in which any Nigerian seeking for her help can prepare a good petition.
The EFCC gave this clarifications on Monday, suggesting that such would help bring about a quick response from the Crime squad especially when a petition is well written and addressed.
What follows are the qualities of a good petition as provided by the anti graft commission.
1)”A good petition should be addressed to the Executive Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission.”
2)”A good petition should include a name, telephone number and address (For contact).”
3)”A good petition should have a title.”
4) “A good petition should have an introduction.”
5) “A petition should have a body of complaint (s) – facts, documents, sources of information e.t.c”
6) “A good petition should have a conclusion”
7) “A good petition should end with a name and signature.”
8) “If anonymous, a good petition should have a contact number in case some documents need to be verified.”
9) “Keep your hands clean. Stay away from crime.”
10) “Your peace should be invaluable. Avoid a lifetime of regret.”
11) “The privilege of anonymity is limited. You will be anonymous to the world.”
12) “Well, trust is a fragile thing but we assure you we are worth it.”
13) “Some petitions do not fall within the purview of EFCC. In this case, they are sent to the appropriate agency be it the Police, ICPC e.t.c”
It follows based on the foregoing that, it is in the interest of Nigerians to be aware of the technicalities involved in petition writing, hence such sensitisation by the anti graft commission is aimed towards ensuring that Corruption is buried and forgotten in Nigerian.
Is a Blogger & the Associate Editor of Negroidhaven.org.