In his recent piece, ‘Nwayo Nwayo’, Agba Jalingo a Nigerian journalist has highlighted 31 industrialisation efforts of the Governor of Cross River state. These are initiatives of Ayade for the past six years which Jalingo thinks are wasted.
His words, ‘No matter how good intentioned you may be as a leader, you cannot do everything. Drain the swamp. Prioritize. Is there still time? I don’t know! Succession struggle will soon begin and it saps faster than COVID. And see the wasted list Governor Ayade gave us. How many of these can you personally tick, even if you are his appointee?
Excerpt of the 31 wasted efforts are thus listed:
1. The Superhighway
2. The Spaghetti Flyover
3. Calas Vegas city
4. The Calachika automated poultry processing industry
5. The Odukpani Banana plantation
6. The 30,000 tonnes cotton farm in Soda, Yala
7. The automated cocoa processing factory in Ikom
8. Ekori toothpick factory, Yakurr LGA
9. Calapharmaceutical Industry in Calabar
10. The rice seeds and seedlings factory at the Ayade Industrial Hub, Calabar
11. The Deep Seaport
12. The garment factory
13. The Cross River Micro Finance Bank
15. Obudu International Cargo Airport
17. Ogoja Ultra Modern Rice Mill
18. Fabrication Academy of West Africa in Calabar
19. Pole, piles and pylon factory in Akamkpa.
20. 23megawatt power plant in Calabar.
21. Dualization of Obudu-Bekwara-Ogoja-Okuku road
22. Teachers training college in Biase.
22. Canadian University in Obudu.
23. Mopol 75 Barracks in Obudu
24. Obubra Cassava plantation
25. Ayade ultra modern resort in Amunga, Obanliku.
26. Centricourt city in Central Cross River
27. Northicourt city in northern Cross River
28. Bakassi Returnees estate
29. Three specialist hospitals for AyadeCare in three Senatorial districts
30. 15million dollars cocoa city with Israeli Bean & Co. Global Ltd
31. Social Housing for Cross Riverians
And several others that I don’t remember…